Become a part of CHIP and help us fulfill our mission of providing services to families and children in need in the Roanoke Valley.
One Time and Group Opportunities
- Provide baked goods for special events
- Hold a CHIP baby shower to obtain baby items for a new mom
- Hold a fundraiser to support one child in CHIP ( $1,496 a year)
- Participate in our annual back-to-school or holiday toy drive
- Collect children’s books, toys and clothing for donation
- Volunteer Church Van Driver: Van driver will be responsible for transporting parents and children to scheduled outings from September through June. Van driver must have a valid VA driver’s license and excellent driving record. Assigned staff members will accompany the driver to and from scheduled pick- up and return. This position is limited to individuals whose church participates in our van program.
- Office Assistant: Office Assistant will assist CHIP staff in maintaining office records and functions. The assistant must be familiar with filing, copying and typing of documents; basic computer skills are helpful.
- Receptionist: Receptionist will help with answering the phone and greeting CHIP clients and visitors.
- GED Tutor: Tutor will provide instruction and support in aiding student to obtain their GED. Typically, a 1 to 2 mornings a week commitment.
- Interpreter: Interpreters are often needed to translate for foreign speaking families, particularly those who speak Spanish.
- Special Events and Fundraisers: Volunteers will assist with CHIP special fundraising events such as Breakfast with Santa and Tug for Tots. These events offer great group as well as individual opportunities.
- Mass Mailings: Volunteers will assist with mass mailings by folding, stuffing and sorting mailings.
To learn more about these and other volunteer opportunities contact our Special Events/Volunteer Coordinator: (540)857-6993 x131