One Time and Group Opportunities
- Provide baked goods for special events
- Hold a CHIP baby shower to obtain baby items for a new mom
- Hold a fundraiser to support one child in CHIP ( $1,496 a year)
- Participate in our annual back-to-school or holiday toy drive
- Collect children’s book, toys and clothing for donation
- Volunteer Church Van Driver: Van driver will be responsible for transporting parents and children to scheduled outings from September through June. Van driver must have a valid VA driver’s license and excellent driving record. Assigned staff members will accompany the driver to and from scheduled pick- up and return. This position is limited to individuals whose church participates in our van program.
- Office Assistant: Office Assistant will assist CHIP staff in maintaining office records and functions. The assistant must be familiar with filing, copying and typing of documents; basic computer skills are helpful.
- Receptionist: Receptionist will help with answering the phone and greeting CHIP clients and visitors.
- GED Tutor: Tutor will provide instruction and support in aiding student to obtain their GED. Typically, a 1 to 2 mornings a week commitment.
- Interpreter: Interpreters are often needed to translate for foreign speaking families, particularly those who speak Spanish.
- Special Events and Fundraisers: Volunteers will assist with CHIP special fundraising events such as Breakfast with Santa and Tug for Tots. These events offer great group as well as individual opportunities.
- Mass Mailings: Volunteers will assist with mass mailings by folding, stuffing and sorting mailings.
By filling any of these volunteer positions and becoming a part of CHIP, you are helping CHIP to fulfill its mission of providing services to needy families and children in the Roanoke Valley.
To learn more about these and other volunteer opportunities contact our Special Events/Volunteer Coordinator: (540)857-6993 x131