During the 2020 Fiscal Year (July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020), CHIP staff conducted 4,060 home visits, 875 virtual home visits with 735 children from 472 families.
PREGNANT MOMS PROGRAM
- 15 of 38 or 39% of CHIP enrolled pregnant mothers had a prenatal care visit in the first trimester.
- 15 of 38 or 39% of CHIP enrolled pregnant mothers who delivered had a postpartum visit between 21 and 56 days after delivery.
- 33 of 38 or 87% of CHIP enrolled mothers with deliveries of live births who received a behavioral health screening risk assessment as part of prenatal services that includes the following screenings: depression screening, alcohol use screening, tobacco use screening, drug use screening (illicit and prescription, over the counter) and intimate partner violence screening.
- 17 of 38 or 45% of CHIP enrolled postpartum mothers self-reported that they were breastfeeding at their first postpartum visit.
- 5 of 22 or 23% of CHIP enrolled moms who quit smoking during pregnancy.
- 30 of 32 or 94% of enrolled children who turned five by 9/30 scored at or above the standard developmental milestones in each area as measured by the ages and stages questionnaire.
- 7 of 60 or 12% of enrolled children who turned five by 9/30 had the required documentation to enter Kindergarten.
HEALTH CARE COORDINATION
- 481 of 721 or 67% of enrolled children were ensured access to a medical home.
- 69 of 82 or 84% of children turning 2 received the recommended number of immunizations by the age of 2.
- 54 or 60 or 90% of children completed their immunization series by age 6 or kindergarten-entry.
- 61 of 78 or 78% of infants enrolled before 15 months received 6 well child visits within the first 15 months of life.
- 152 of 285 or 53% of enrolled children received at least one dental exam during the year.
- 69 of 82 or 84% of enrolled children at age 2 were screened for lead at least once on or before their second birthday.
PEDIATRIC ASTHMA PROJECT
- 91 children received asthma and respiratory monitoring case management services.
- 247 of 297 or 83% of Asthma Assessments reported use of the rescue inhaler was less than 2 days per week.
- 62 or 73% of asthma case managed children received asthma or respiratory education.
- 35 of 43 or 81% of asthma case managed children had an asthma action plan.
BEGIN WITH A GRIN DENTAL VARNISH PROGRAM
- 32 enrolled children received two dental varnish applications before turning 37 months.
- 36 dental varnishes were given by a CHIP Community Health Nurse.
- 297 families received in-home dental education.
- 73% of outpatient clients attended scheduled counseling sessions.
- 46 adults and 13 children received mental health counseling services with an average of 10 visits.
- CHIP provided 374 transports during the year to improve access to medical, dental and counseling appointments.