During the 2017 Fiscal Year (July 1, 2016-June 30, 2017), CHIP staff conducted 4,541 home visits with 927 children from 627 families.
PREGNANT MOMS PROGRAM
- 23 of 44 or 52% of CHIP enrolled pregnant mothers had a prenatal care visit in the first trimester.
- 30 of 44 or 68% of CHIP enrolled pregnant mothers who delivered had a postpartum visit between 21 and 56 days after delivery.
- 32 of 211 or 15% of parents with less than a high school degree or GED at enrollment obtained their GED or high school diploma while participating in our services.
- 66 of 250 or 26% of parents who have obtained a high school diploma or GED have improved their education status through vocational training, college or other institutions of higher education.
- 41 of 51 or 80% of enrolled children who turned five by 9/30 scored at or above the standard developmental milestones in each area as measured by the ages and stages questionnaire.
- 65 of 68 or 96% of enrolled children who turned five by 9/30 had the required documentation to enter Kindergarten.
HEALTH CARE COORDINATION
- 883 of 927 or 95% of enrolled children were ensured access to a medical home.
- 163 of 175 or 93% of all newly enrolled children were assessed for developmental delays within 3 months of enrollment.
- 12 children were determined to be at-risk for developmental delays and were referred to specialist for intervention services.
- 461 of 521 or 88% of families with enrolled children age birth to five received nutritional counseling through WIC.
- 144 of 198 or 73% of children who used the emergency room showed a reduction in ER visits at annual recertification.
- 118 of 126 or 94% of children turning 2 received the recommended number of immunizations by the age of 2.
- 61 of 65 or 94% of children completed their immunization series by age 6 or kindergarten-entry.
- 851 of 927 or 92% of enrolled children were up-to-date on recommended well-baby visits.
- 237 of 392 or 61% of children age 3 and over received regular dental care.
PEDIATRIC ASTHMA PROJECT
- 127 children received asthma case management services.
- 371 assessments were completed throughout the previous year with an average visit of 9 per child.
- 263 of 371 or 71% of assessments with asthma symptoms were classified as well controlled.
- 264 of 371 or 71% of children experienced minimal disruption in activity due to asthma symptoms.
BEGIN WITH A GRIN DENTAL VARNISH PROGRAM
- 62 enrolled children received two dental varnish applications before turning 37 months.
- 165 Children received dental varnished within the year.
- 419 families participating in the dental varnish program received in-home dental education.
- 64% of outpatient clients attended scheduled counseling sessions.
- 29 adults and 14 children received mental health counseling services with an average of 8.5 visits.